Thread: Welcome!
View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2002, 16:05 (Ref:203684)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
Still getting my head round lots of things so if anyone has any helpful tips that would be great. I look forward to meeting some of you over the course of the season.
Twelve months ago I was in the position you're in now, so I know how you feel!

You'll get good training, & the little red book which no doubt you have a copy of contains a lot of good advice. First time out on the bank, however, you'll be wondering what you've let yourself in for. Don't worry. You'll be partnered with somebody who, possibly despite appearances, knows what (s)he is doing.

Your first big incident will come almost as a relief - when it's over, you'll know that your training has prepared you well & that you're part of a professional team. At my first meeting we had a Porsche 924 upside down so deep in the gravel that the doors couldn't be opened.......

Don't panic, don't do anything you're not 100% happy about doing. By the end of the season you'll have had a lot of fun, met a lot of great people & maybe even have a nice shiny new green badge!

Oh, & enjoy sweeping that track!