View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2050400)   #20
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally disagree with Nilson. I think (and I know that it might sound a bit arrogant) his view on the situation is very shallow. Jugding BTCC by the standard of the tracks (speakers...) or the fact that the boxes are quite small... rediciolous. Well in DTM you´ve got wooden- floors in the pit, but the racing is all ****. He totally overrates DTM, just because he is unhappy with the S2000 cars and dreams up more powerful cars. I watched the DTM since 2000, and there were only one year, that had really good racing, and that was 2002. All other years were bad, and the situation got even worse with the 4- door- saloons. And I don´t see a real explenation of him, why the WTCC is dying a slow death. It isn´t as great as the major Supertouring leagues were ten years ago, but he should tell one single series in touringcar racing worldwide, that atracts more manufacturers. These are the times. And no Silhouette- series will change that. There was one in Gemany some years ago. Remember V8Star. And where is it now? Nowhere. Like the plans for one in the UK. And abandoning S2000 for a silhouette racing in europe, would most likely mean an end to homogation based touringcar racing worldwide, as most of the other continents went already this way. I think that would be very sad.