Thread: Lola T290
View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2007, 10:26 (Ref:2057594)   #61
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
I build up a list about LOLA T290 raced in 1972 with chassic numers at: http://www.racecar-collection.com/T290-history.jsp

Informations are missing about some cars:

HU 004, may be the car was raced by Giorgio Danieli in Vallelunga 23.4.1972?

HU 007 was sold to Mr. Osella at 5.5.1972, who raced this car in 1972?

HU 012, is this the car Antonio Zadra drove at Targa Florio 21.5.72?

HU 016, no information from 1972!!

There are more questions, I hope you have a lot of anwers .....

Wolfgang
If it's not too late, can we go back to Wolfgang's original questions?

Giorgio Danielli's car at Vallelunga was said by Autosport to be brand new so it could be HU12 or HU16. Its livery was identical to Antonio Zadra's car which is recorded as HU8 so it's possible the two cars were actually bought together so Danielli's is a candidate for HU7.

Where does the information come from that HU7 was sold to Osella on 5 May 1972? Osella built the T290-Abarth that Hezemans was due to race at Vallelunga on 23 April but he drove the works Abarth instead and Carlo Facetti drove the T290-Abarth. This T290 was then sold by Osella to Antonio Nicodemi who raced it at the Osterriechring in June. Can we be sure this car was HU7?

I would have thought Zadra's car at the Targa would be the same HU8 he is recorded as driving elsewhere. However, he crashed heavily in practice at Vallelunga so it's possible he had to borrow another car until HU8 was repaired. If that's true, then the similarity between his Targa Florio car and Danielli's car may be relevant.

Like you, I have nothing at all on HU16. Wolfgang, have you found out anything new on this car since you last posted?

Allen