View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2064799)   #6
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only drove or went there come to that once when i did Production Rallycross !
Remember it well as i followed Lawrie Angel Home in the final to win my class first time there in my old MK2 VW Golf 1.8 Oh happy Days

That was the very last Rallycross ever held there Date 17th May 1992 !! I think.
Ran by the Phoenix Motor Club and the land was owned by the local dairy farmer Peter ?

Had some great corners ! turn 1 proper was very fast and was off camber as was the following strait it was all concrete that had seen better days back in WW2 ! If i remember correctly had a good amount of chalk too! As you see it had a lot of corners ! I think it was something like 10-14 !! you was always changing direction .
Best use of a washing line i have ever seen ! Those who went there know what i mean
I think it was closed due to a footpath over the land which was found by some rambler club who had great joy in insisting on walking across the track half way though a meeting !! These people only walk our fields to be bloody nosey!!!!
Oh and a noise problem !!! The bombers flying low over head from RAF Lyneham didnt seam matter as i remember only petrol engines were the devil !!!

Last edited by chris cake; 11 Nov 2007 at 08:08.