View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2007, 09:38 (Ref:2065459)   #31
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcentre
FYI. Certain parts of the film had to be 'manipulated' to make more of a story.....which was about Stuart, as the director didnt have the footage, the audio etc, and to tell the story, embellishments were needed. On the thursday night he did want to do more laps, I told him he couldnt have them, and he needed an explanation why......the Director saw the incidents, and got Stuart to 'act' out the parts, with more drama than actually took place. Unfortunately, to some people (hmmmmmm) it seems it made him look bad. And the more than vocal attacks on him from certain quarters have been in my view extremely uncalled for. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but for gods sake.....getting personal?

You only have to look at my reaction to Stuart when he pits having been battling for fastest time in the wet with Dindo Capello to see what I think about him.

He came in as a complete rookie, cautiously, and with a lot of respect for those around him. He latched on to Joao as his tutor, and sucked in everything he could in double quick time. He traded fastest laps with Joao at every LMS race, setting overall fastest lap on 2 occasions, and finished the year as best rookie, not only in the LMS (unless anything changes this weekend) but also at Le Mans. He never put a scratch on the car, never put a foot wrong, and helped bring the car home for the best british privateer result in nearly a decade at his first attempt.

So, please do not have factual results clouded by artistic interpretation.....Stuart played to the camera when asked, under direction. The lad is as genuine as anyone I have ever met. He really does work at that store and keeps his feet on the ground. He has values, and morals, and principles, and is bloody talented. His family are totally supportive, and totally involved.

So please. Give the kid some credit?

And the film is different........everbody would moan if it was the same. John M needed a different angle rather than just document what happened in the race overall, though its still in there....... and bloody grateful I am too.....not many teams get that privilege to have their Le Mans documented. I have enjoyed it, and still smile when I see that clip at the end......my humour is so dark, even I almost couldn't tell.

Sorry it is not to all tastes, but it has won another award, so somebody somewhere other than me, and a few others, must like it.
martin, read the notes again, everyone including me did give him good credit, hes obviously very talented and destined for success........ before your post, it had become quite obvious that some artistic impression was at work, and the film was not a true portrayal of stuart.......I think theres a lesson to be learnt here for the future when handling the press and acting out scenes........a bit like Anthea Turner and the chocolate bar sponsorship photo at her wedding.......it felt like the right thing to do at the time, but backfired big time...... best of luck