View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2070783)   #48
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just finished watching it (and I'm about to sit down and watch it again! ).

Firstly, just to lay to rest any ugly rumours that Stuart Hall is a 'Prima Donna'; poppycock! The scene in question is so false in nature and so far removed from the Stuart we see throughout the rest of the film as to be laughable. Without doubt the worst scene in the film, it's a great pity it was included (could have been covered interview style). And, whilst we're about it, nor did I see any reason to disbelieve that the lad does indeed work in the shop. That said, I fully respect the views of those members who interpreted the film otherwise (I just happen to disagree with them).

With that out of the way, I thought it was a blinding film. The equal, without doubt, of the first film. Better than the first film? I don't think so, personally. But, it was, once again, gripping viewing from start to finish.

I thought 'The Gaffer' received a particularly sympathetic portrayal (is he really that calm all the time? ), and the sheer scale of the adventure Stuart was undertaking was brilliantly encapsulated throughout. One of my favourite scenes in the film was that wonderful little 'cameo' from Henri in which he gave Stuart some sound advice. Loved the race sequences (both in-car and trackside), and the cuts to the fans on the campsites captured the party atmosphere away from the track perfectly. And the highlight? For me, it was the opportunity to relive that Radio Le Mans moment towards the end of the film (damn, if I didn't get all emotional again!).

Fantastic sequel, let's hope they complete the trilogy!