View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2007, 01:19 (Ref:2077676)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, I wonder who he could be talking about regarding negativity???

Well, I didn't comment earlier as the Internet Police at work keep a rather tight lid on our recreational activities on the internet so for my part, being first out ot the box to comment on this one was not worth losing my job over.

In regards to this though I find it troubling that some folks have so little in their lives but to presume that the thoughts and wishes of others are completely focused on seeing bad things happen to people. The fact that neither KK nor any of the co-defendants were found guilty does not make me sad, unhappy or even mildly annoyed. A guilty verdict was neither an expectation or a hope of mine. Yes, I commented on the fallout from a potential guilty verdict but that was from the standpoint of how that might affect CC. Not having all of the particulars of the case at my disposal I had no way of "knowing" what the outcome would be.

Speaking for myself, my self-esteem and internal happiness are not predicated on receiving news regarding the misfortunes of others. I take exception to the presumption that somehow my life would be enhanced by the news that some person or another has been found guilty of something.

It is in fact a sad thing that this has happened as the real tragedy here is that people's pension funds were invested in a company that in the end, was performing at a much lower level than anyone thought and when the bottom fell out the folks lost their investment (not making a judgment here). Seeing as how that was to provide (in part) for their retirement, that is just that much less to invest and build equity with.

Certainly I agree that with this behind them, KK and the other defendants can get on with things and the plaintiffs will have to as well.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.