View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2007, 23:27 (Ref:2079575)   #219
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If I remember rightly a deal with Motors for 2008 has already been done, so for next year all that can really be done is shuffle things around. It should still be possible to secure some national deals (highlight packages etc) and also it might be a case of the production of the coverage raising its game somewhat i.e. more in car cameras, more pit lane reporters, slicker direction. That wouldn't necessarily raise viewership figures for next year but would help show Audi (and everyone else) that the organisers were taking the TV package seriously.

A lot of this makes me think that in many ways the LMS may well be still paying the price for the somewhat flakey TV package there was in 2006...