Thread: Schedule
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2007, 09:10 (Ref:2091809)   #15
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe there is a final date by which time approval must be obtained although there are practical issues over when the World Motor Sports Council meet and can therefore approve this sort of thing, although fax votes and the like are far from unheard of.

My understanding to this is that a national series such as CC is not able to run more than 2 events outside of its jurisdiction except where consent has been given by the WMSC. I believe Canada is considered part of the same jurisdiction in this case, so historically the two races would have been Surfers and Mexico, leaving all European events requiring consent.

Unfortunately for us, the FIA will wish to protect their international series as being relatively unique so allowing a national series to become unofficially international might be seen as hurting their own brands. I can therefore easily see this being rejected. I have no idea as to what would be involved in applying for CC to become an international FIA sanctioned series nor the likelihood of any such request being granted.