View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2007, 13:55 (Ref:2092677)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Why no Mercedes Benz? They are the grandads of endurance racing. Their colour, post 1936 has been Silver, its not Mercedes' fault that some of the less discerning customers ruin their cars by purchasing a white car, fitting huge "bling" wheels and tinting the windows. Some Mercedes enthusiasts keep their cars factory fresh.
I happen to think their cars are brutally ugly, myself. The ACO's idea of making LMP's look a little more road car-like means those horrible Mercedes grills and lights would be slapped on their racing car too. Argh, horrible.

Factory presence from Mercedes and Ferrari would result in characters like Norbert Haug and Jean Todt (or successors shaped in their image) at Le Mans - something I'd truly hate to see.

I think putting Porsche and Acura/Honda in P1 along with Corvette and Jaguar is the best idea - no particularly new manufacturers but allowing privateers into LMP2 and gives the Corvettes a newer playing field after their domination of GT1. I guess Mazda should play a part too.

I'd also like to see Audi in GT2 and for Lamborghini to have a GT1 car built for the new set of rules. Oh, let's have another GT1 Viper too!