Thread: Van Diemen RF88
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2008, 16:26 (Ref:2107373)   #9
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The 88/89 are quite popular down at Castle Combe, but very few go on racecarsdirect as rumours go round and they get snapped up so quickly. But quite a few are coming out of Europe at the moment. I have seen some available in Spain, Austria and Sweeden. Just keep a look out. One is likely to turn up.

We put Tom Bradshaw in 'Our Niges' 88 at Oulton Fosters in 07, and managed 1.04.23, which would have been quick engough the following day to put him P2 or P3 for the Post89 class, and pole in Pre90 by over a second. They are very quick cars, in the right hands. Tom has proven how quick they can be around Oulton, Peter Daly has proved at Silverstone, Mallory and Snetterton how quick they can be there.

In 88/89, the Van Diemen hammered the Reynards. The Reynards in our minds have been very quick, but are easier to drive on the limit than the VD. The VD I believe is a much quicker car, but has to be driven more precisley.

Last edited by youngoldy; 16 Jan 2008 at 16:30.