View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2112935)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
The part where Forsythe wanted $100 million, if true, on top of the deal, is insanity. They bought it off the courthouse steps for $3 million four years ago. It'd take a lot of convincing for me to believe it's appreciated 33 times its sales price since then. TG isn't going to pay for The Amigos' frayed balance sheet.

If I'm TG (or his staff), I'd deal with race teams wanting to enter the series, not The Amigos. He doesn't need what they own. He needs what the car owners own.
Not really. What TG offered doesn't really offer much to the champcar side. It's like he's doin us a favor by taking a few races off our hands and making available some engines and cars. Not much really towards all the investment that has been made on the champcar side and it's teams.

The problem with tg is that he has always treated the cart side as a non entity since 1989. I say put the ego aside for once. You have a race series that has lost money since 1996. You have a sparse field this year with 2 cars you directly fund yourself. You are going to have to dig up 15+ cars to fill the indy grid. Time to let go. He acts like he is the only one with a stake in this whole deal. MEMEMEMEME.

What is the opposition to forming a totally new race series not run by any current owners?