View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2127309)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Paul you are crazy, totally insane in fact.

I think the first step is for tony george to be contrite and admit his own role in this mess, say he's sorry and find a way to bring champcar fans into the fold. If he just does a big F U, then it's war.

I know some are going to disagree, because they believe tony is a saint and can do no wrong. But if you really want to bring things back together the fans are a part of that and there is a lot of bad blood in the water.

Personally for me if there is no contrition, then it's civil disobedience for me. I have a hard time being a spectator now anyways now that my own career is moving along. Plus I've got V8 Supercars, ALMS, DTM, A1, Rally, etc to follow. I will get by.

In addition, these cars will live on in historics for years to come and 5-10-15-20 years down the road hopefully I'll be wealthy enough to buy one. I've had an investment fund since 2004 that is solely for purchasing a Lola or Reynard chassis. Like Can-Am or Imsa, the series may die but the history doesn't.

In regards to the cars, the current dallaras are ugly as hell and the honda's are horrible sounding engines. Why this obsession lately with ugly race cars like COT in Nascar? I think they need a new formula and they need to open up the rules to new manufacturers for engines and cars.

I like street courses if done well. Races like Cleveland need to be included. Lanigan turned that race around last year.