View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2130651)   #3
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walker Update - Feb 16th

Still unsure of direction, but still active in CC and 'interested' in IRL

http://www.walkerracing.com/media/di...id=413&lang=en

Quote:
The team was at the Ohlins shaker test prior to the first open test for Champ Car in Sebring. I became concerned as there wasn't sufficient information out there to suggest that there was a clear direction for Champ Car going forward. At that time, I didn't really know anything about a merger, but I was concerned because there were some ominous signs that maybe Champ Car didn't have a strategy and it was unclear to me as to where they were going to go for 2008. Coupled with that, the uncertainty of Champ Car's 2008 schedule had delayed monies owed to the team, and so being of Scottish birth, I decided to save some money and check out what was really happening in Champ Car.
Quote:
I asked Brian Barnhart if there was a team he would recommend who would willingly lend us a car to look at. As luck would have it, my good friend from many years ago, Kent Baker, had a car and had no hesitation in letting us borrow it. We have had the Dallara for a week now
Quote:
We are in open wheel racing and like it or not we can't look at IRL and Champ Car and say it's one or the other. We have to look at them as viable opportunities for us and always try to find business where we can. Sometimes that can be in both or sometimes it can be in one or the other.
Quote:
I think Atlantics is a very viable series, well organized and as you can see from the grid, is very competitive and a great formula that has managed a lot of its costs and its rules to the point that is truly is one of the best open wheel junior series in the world. I can't believe that it will not land on its feet with whatever happens with the merger discussions.