Old 19 Feb 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2132497)   #20
VolvoGroupA
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
VolvoGroupA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
At the risk of leading the thread slightly off-topic, does anyone understand Swedish? Jesper posted a link to what looks like a brilliant Group A Volvo site in the 'Malaysian Group A' thread- there seems to be an English-langage version which is sadly offline right now

Anyway, as far as I can tell, this page seems to be a history of individual Group A Volvo chassis, and two interesting things leap out- first a prototype Group A 760 Turbo at the top of the page (this is the pic I've seen before, although not on that site), and second a reference to an ex-TWR 240 Turbo, towards the bottom of the page, (after the ex-Volvo Australia chassis #603)....

http://www.volvogrupp-a.se/racing.htm
Hello KA,

My name is Björn, Im the owner of this Swedish Volvo Group-A site.

I can inform you now that the English version is now in progress and are also online again! Im working on it every day so some pages may look funny and so on...so now you can read and understand almoust everything on the site, like I said Im working to complete the site as quick as possible now so everyone can take part of my site!

Visit the English version, http://www.volvogrupp-a.se/index_eng.htm

However I was very suprised and also very glad that my homepage get visitors from all around the world.

Well this so called ex-TWR Volvo is supose to be an "experiment car" with thinner metalworks all over the car. And also widen in the back and the front of the car. However this havent been 100% comfirmed by anyone. TWR was involved in a project of his own with a Volvo 242 in 1987. Ulf Granberg and Win Percy was on the tracks of Donington Park, Granberg tested the car and Percy ran a few "exploratory" laps on Dunlop tyres. TWR sponsored Volvo in Australia and also at the Wellington WTC round and in Macau Grand Prix. Facts also told that Walkinshaw him self whould be co-driving with Granberg.

However I know little about this and got the most of the facts from
"Autosport" September 10, 1987.