View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2133062)   #365
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Hey man, we can but dream. Creation deserved better, and Autocon did not get there on sheer pace or performance. If they were graded against the ALMS P field as a whole, they would never end up there. I am glad for them that they have realized their dream, but I'd be happier if they'd earned it and not taken it at the expense of a better entry.

That said, I thought that the lowly reserve places for Creation and especially Larbre made no sense. Placing a Saulnier entry that would have been crewed entirely by gentlemen (I bet) above those cars?!

Cytosport got their entry on the back of Charouz/Jota's performance, not their own, and that in and of itself is just. The latter organizations showed incredible strength last year with the Lola-Judd and they put in a gutsy showing at the big one (Mucke getting doused with repellent anyone?!), so regardless of Cytosport not deserving anything on their own merit, that spot on the entry list is just in my opinion. Are there enough grid spaces at Monza for extra cars?
Huh? Dude whether you agree or not with the performance/pace of the team they earned their entry to Le Mans just like anyone else could of, period. They did not get the spot at anyones expense as any other team could of met the criteria needed to be in that spot and didn't. And while I like Creation they only raced 4 races in the LMS last year with 1 car. I would like to have seen them get the first reserve spot over the other cars ahead of them though.

L.P.