View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2008, 01:27 (Ref:2140543)   #438
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tend to see both sides of this. Looking at it objectively, Stoner clearly had a machine advantage at the beginning of last year. He didn't have to pass anyone in the twisty bits, as he could blow them into the weeds down the straight. But that was pretty much gone by mid season. He clearly rode like a champion all of last year. He made Capirossi look very ordinary indeed. And he's doing the same to Melandri. Both facts speak volumes about Stoner. But I don't think it's unfair to point out that Stoner gets on very well with the Ducati-Bridgestone package. That obviously has a lot do with his success. I don't see anything wrong with pointing that out. He didn't get on well with the Honda and the results showed. So what? He's my odds on favorite to win the championship this year. And he'll be pretty tough with that chip on his shoulder. Everyone should beware.