Thread: bio's tracks
View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2140843)   #102
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, let me exploit the dying hours of February and submit my next one.

This one has a story. As you all know a South Korean F1 race has been a plan for a long time now. The original venue would have been the city of Kunsan (or Gunsan, depending on transcription), near a military air base. The track has never been built.

Until now . True, I left the air base alone and found another possible site, this one being in the middle of the industrial part on the west end of the town.
The site looks like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kunsan_base.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	516.8 KB
ID:	19125

I used as much of the existing track-like part there as I could. Otherwise, the main aim was to create a track that's challenging enough but has fast sections, too. The result is this:

Name:	kunsan_01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	626.9 KB
ID:	19126 Click image for larger version

Name:	kunsan_02.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	19127 Click image for larger version

Name:	kunsan_03.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	19128

The main trackline is 4.397 kilometers (2.75 miles) long and runs clockwise (until SBF comes anyways .
There are two notable straights, the 625 meter long S/F straight and the 531 meter long upper straight. So, as it seems to become my trademark, this one is not a track of straigths either. I see 3 possible overtaking spots, the end of the two straights and the end of that long sweeper that leads to that very slow corner-combination south-east.

There are various option tracklines available and also a miniature oval track. My favourite alternative trackline is the so-called Rookies' Variant that's the GP trackline stripped of all the harder sections:

Name:	kunsan_04.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	19129

Comments and edits are again welcome.

bio