View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2156183)   #8
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like protos that I can spot in an instant. Usually this means paint as much as shape. The shape of the Acura(we say Ack You Rah in the States...the motors guys sounded like they were saying Uh-Kira) Patrone Highcroft with it's GREEN nose is clearly one of the most visible cars right now. RML is way better than Quiffel, because the bright paint scheme allows it to be idenified quickly.

The Pug stands out only because it's the ONLY closed top right now. All the other new enclosed cars I've only seen black carbon fibre so it's not easy to clearly get a look at the shapes. As more topped cars take to the track, the Pug will blend in more.

I've always been a Lola fan, from the old Can AM cars to the CHampcar to the Sportscars. For some reason, the B05/40 even with it's mandated double roll hoops and raised ride height looks better to me than the older RML Ex257. I dunno why. The Spyder looks boxy.
Rating the current LMP2 cars, Lola, Radical, Zytek, Acura, Courage, Porsche, Pescarolo . Although I can't count how many times the Sebring Motorsport guys spotted the Zytek and mis-identified it.

Another oddity. The nose piece. The Courage C-65 had an open snout,(As does Porsche) and the Lola B05/40 had a nice pointed nose(similar to Zytek, Creation) But when Acura rebuilt the C-65 they closed the nose while at the same time Lola put out an Aero kit that opened the nose. wierd how they both went in different directions.

I like the unique colors of the AutoCon Creation, although it's painful to watch it struggle. I would like to see the Pug get a Bald Eagle treatment. Like the Gurney Eagles of Champcar or the Jordan's of F1. That front Beak could blend into the white mane of the canopy. IT could be cool. Some fierce, beady eyes near the windscreen. lol!

The old Miracle Motorsports C65 with it's Jean Richard Watch scheme was an eye-catching car. Pescarolo's 2nd gen cars with the Green Playstation colors were good as were the blue Playstation Chrysler Dallara's. lol!!! Have I missed any of them?
dave