View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2158302)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo
Hi all,

I'm a newb here, so hello to you all!

I'm looking for a few tips on getting to and watching the BTCC at Brands.

I've had a look for a similar thread but can't find one - If I've missed it, please do point me in the right direction.

I'm taking the family to the BTCC race day on Sunday 30 March and would welcome any tips on the best place to park, time to get there to beat the rush, best approach route etc. I've seen some frightening traffic jams approaching the circuit in the past particularly if there is a big boot fair in the area at the same time! Approaching from Swanley/A20 and up Death Hill (sorry, Gorse Hill!!) often looks particularly busy.

Anyone recon grandstand seats are worth getting? It's been a while since I've been to the circuit. Can you still see well with a general admission ticket?

Also, is the race on the Indy circuit this year, not the GP circuit?

So many questions and I'm sure there are loads I haven't thought of yet. I'd welcome any general pointers from any seasoned BTCC fans.

Cheers!!
Philbo.
Philbo,
First of all, it's on the Indy circuit.
Secondly, I would not bother with grandstand seats, take camping chairs. Most of the places where the action happens don't have grandstands. All the grandstands are open and I wouldn't bank on the weather being kind.
As the weather may not be dry/warm, you may want to enter through the main entrance and drive across to the southbank and park there. You can see Paddock hill bend from there, you're close to Druids and Mclarens, all the main points of action.
Remember to take plenty of warm/waterproof clothing and soup, and think of us marshals.
Have a good meeting.