View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2167853)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
[random]At least years RHS Tatton Flower Show, most of the weekend was spent covering every roadway with wood chippings.[/random]
I wouldn't expect MSV to do exactly the same - there's cost considerations to think about - but there are options (if only treating the major routes into carparks) than doing "absolutely nothing" as has been suggested here.
quite. that's my point - they were aware that there was a problem at least with the media/hostility/team car parks behind the main straight on saturday, but they still put cars in there on sunday. i ended up parked in the campsite at the far end with my rear wheels on the gravelly road thing because that was the only place i knew i stood a fair chance of getting out.

i know absolutely nothing about managing car parks and surfaces, but what i do know is that there was nothing done to treat the ground in preparation for sunday which was completely barking mad and demonstrated a lack of planning. it would have been wise at least to close the worst affected car parks if not to prevent issues this weekend but to save the ground for future weekends.