View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2170902)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
It's probably going to be a new or nearly new 1.2 litre Corsa - I've had a quote for comprehensive cover from Elephant for £800 for the accelerator and about £920 for a normal 12 month policy, which seems to be significantly cheaper than just about any of the others. Some of them are coming up with quite cheap quotes but then turn out to have a voluntary excess of about £350, which to my - admittedly inexperienced - mind seems a bit steep.

My dad's going on the policy as a named driver - I don't know whether it'll bring the price down a great deal, but I suppose 40 years of no claims can't hurt too much.
That seems quite high for Elephant, did you have any extra drivers on when you got the quote? My daughter's was £1200 on her own but as soon as I added myself and my wife it brought it down to £440.

The trick is to make the risk look as good as possible for them by your named drivers having use of other cars, if you can say you can use another car as well it will help. When you come up for renewal they will be high so it will pay you to shop around then.
Most insurers are going for high voluntary excesses at the moment and don't forget this will be in addition to your compulsory excess.

Also if you can go for a new Corsa I think Vauxhall are doing free insurance at the moment also go for a diesel as even though derv is dearer, 60-70 mpg is not to be sniffed at.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 6 Apr 2008 at 08:18.