View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2182500)   #20
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of you are dilusional about P2P and that it somehow gives a crappy driver an unfair advantage.

How is this the case. If a guy can't lap consistantly with the leaders then 45 - 60 seconds of boost isn't going to do crap for them. Not to mention the good drivers have the same amount of boost.

What P2P does do is allow drivers to overtake on tighter road/street courses where overtaking is sometimes next to impossible. Didn't you IRL guys want to get rid of road/street courses completely for this exact reason? Well, P2P brings some excitement and a little added stratagy back to those races and I thought that is something we all want.

If you want to argue technology that every driver has equal access to somehow makes racing less racing then maybe we should all just vote to stick them back in some old 60s Lotus with no TC, no onboard computers, no spotters, no wings, no nothing - then we would see who the REAL drivers are.

I could make the same arguement against the IRLs fuel settings. Just click a button and my car is saving fuel. No skill with the right foot needed and oh look - I just won a race on fuel stratagy! Yipee for me!

The only thing I would change with P2P is the name. Keep it on the street/road courses but how about "Monster Energy Boost"