View Single Post
Old 6 May 2008, 02:01 (Ref:2199410)   #11
GT16
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
GT16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mick,

Luckily there were no serious injuries. Matt Sofi, Mathew Radisich and Leanne all complained of soreness and slight whiplash that I know of, but nothing serious.

I would be happy to provide some sort of tour that would give the attending marshals of the day an experience. We regularly have officials coming by our garage on these weekends to say hi and have a look at the cars and stuff.

Newstalker,

As for where the practice day fees go. One assumes it goes towards making up that particular circuits track hire for the day, ambulance and ...... thats about all I can gather. Perhaps some goes towards the recovery vehicles at the circuit on the day. This is for the Friday's under the current set-up.

The fee for the Friday practice at Oran Park was around the $130 mark per car (Leanne takes care of the funds). I'd be happy to pay upto around the $500 mark per car, if it meant that there was adequate marshals and medical at the circuit. If that also meant that the marshals and medical were apporpriately compensated for the their time and out of pocket expenses, everyone wins. Now I am not sure that everyone would be happy to pay that much, but I am pretty sure that everyone that was at Oran Park on Friday from F3 would be happy to stump up some extra cash.

As for the reducing expenses for the competitors by making it a 2 day event, I'd love for someone to try and make that claim to the 2 competitors that lost their cars in this incident. At $80k and $50K (approx) for the 2 cars, thats a lot of race meetings they will need to attend in the future to get their "savings" back.

This isn't the first crash of reasonable magnitude to happen on a Friday of a race meeting, but it is the first that I can remember in the last few years that included so many cars from 1 category.