View Single Post
Old 6 May 2008, 04:53 (Ref:2199433)   #16
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garth - first apologies -
Quote:
Accepted also that there is some personal responsibility involved, but at the end of the day, the teams pay a fee, they are at a "race meeting" regardless of 2 or 3 day permits and it is a national championship meeting, for the Gold Star no less.
I read this as a fee being part of the series. not the Private Practice fee each circuit charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT16
And Trev, I don't want to get into pedantics with you, but another example of the lack of professionalism and organisation here, is that for F3, Fridays are part of the race meeting, for all the other categories, it isn't. As part of F3's sporting regs, the Friday sessions are part of the race meeting, therefore have regulatory purpose, ie if Qualifying is rained out on Saturday, they can use Friday practice results to make a grid, but that is another story for another day....
This was brought up as an issue a number of years ago when F3 first started doing this (ie incorporating the Friday times into Qualifying if Sat turned to slush). The problem was, and may well still be, that timing is NOT supposed to be provided at Private Practice days (especially in NSW as it completely changes the category of the meeting under NSW State Law). There were (and I belileve still are) at least 2 tracks where the timekeepers refused to attend on Fridays unless it was a 3 day meeting.

It also makes a mockery of the 2 day/3day meeting clasifications by doing this. It wouldn;t (or shouldn;t) take someone with a bit of nouse and money to challenge this regulation (the F3 one that is) based simply on the fact that Friday is NOT set up to properly service and record lap times.