View Single Post
Old 22 May 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2209382)   #37
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
Eurosport will have full online streaming of everything, complete with commentary, so dont worry at all. This is awful though, I mean this is shaping up to be one of the finest races since 1999 and to miss a 9 hour chunk is pretty bad. Maybe it will be in HD, though. If it is, Directv might be a neccessity. Anyways though, were all complaining about this coverage, and rightly so, but think about it in the 1980s, when ESPN showed what, a half hour on each end. I was watching a youtube video of the 1989 24 hours of le mans and ESPN had some Le Mans hotline where you had to pay to get hourly updates, lol. But yeah, Lexus Test Drive, NCTS Setup, and Nascar Performance and Tradin Paint are inexcusable reasons to miss a race that as Bob Varsha said in 1989 "can only be compared to the Indy 500."
Mario that's all nice and everything and yes coverage used to be next to nothing and on top of that weeks after the finish!

But this is the 21st Century where we are only 9 months away from total switch over to digital tv, where internet tv will play a vital roll in On Demand Video as well as live streaming of events not carried by traditional cable and sat providers.

No excuse for this and clearly Speed has taken up FOX's mantra of "Fair and Balance" while feeding you a steady diet of BULL.

I am positive only 40% of NASCAR Nation wants to know what Kyle Bush is going in his off-time. But they aren't covering that. They are manufacturing stories to tell about the series, talking to drivers that will never win a race, ever and other unimportant shhh nobody outside of die hard fans are even interested in.

All we ASK for is ONE weekend EVERY SUMMER that we get OUR day in the Sun.

Its one race, one 24 hour period, even if you covered all the stuff in between its around 30 hours of coverage.

America and Canada can DO WITHOUT Cup Racing for ONE STINKING Weekend of wall to wall coverage.

I think THAT is the point we are trying to make as ALL of us pay a premium to even get Speed.