View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2219251)   #85
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Put it this way, if you point to surface and elevation changes as the reasons for cars getting airbourne, at tracks that have been used for many years, and in the case of Monza by many different formulas, there's something flawed in the design of the cars.

We aren't talking major elevation changes like the old Mulsanne hump, every circuit has similar, minor, elevation changes, which implies LMP's are liable to take off at most tracks around the world!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
How about the fact that there has been a (relative) rash this year of cars, regardless if there is any outside influence as an instigator, that have become airbourne in a 90ยบ yaw or pasing through it. And that is a hazard to the drivers, as well as the possibility, if not probability, of an accident where spectators are involved. The question is if there is an amicable/affordable solution that will not totally castrate the cars?

L.P.
All of this means nothing. The obvious is there is no data, no evidence and nothing of scientific meaning. A few incidents, which have many variables involved, and we've tossed them all into the same bucket, ignoring outside forces. So, we've got a multiple page thread, declaring that this needs to be done, or that needs to be done, and the vast majority are basing this on absolutely nothing of relevance, and little knowledge on the subject. I'm not saying that I am more qualified to know more about this, as I don't, but I'm not going to pretend that laps times need to be slowed by 5 seconds, or this, or that. If Nick Wirth has data that shows that there have been specific issues, and a solution, fair enough, but I doubt he'll be posting that here.

Most of the incidents have involved cars in the grass, at times the grass has had elevation issues.... It's all the fault of grass... pave the world..

Typical knee jerk reaction when a series of events occur, when previously there wasn't issues. Let the experts determine which events are cause of inherent flaws in LMP's, and we should stick to being fans.