View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2238967)   #52
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
IRL already has wets and such as they have run Watkins Glen in less than ideal conditions. The real question is, if IMSA GTPs could run Daytona in the wet with all the downforce they were making (and force they would be putting through the tires), why can't ovals be run in the wet now? And yes I know that's a roval IMSA used, but they still used basically all of the banking.

The longest road race on my calendar, Road America, would be a little over 280 miles. The other road course races (plus the airfield circuits) are ~225-250 miles per race.

Two to three hours for a road race is good; I've barely gotten into the rhythm of things by the time a Grand Prix is finishing (about an hour and a half for an F1 race), so one hour 45 or two hours just feels a bit too short. CART used to run their road races, including Cleveland, to 500k, and that used to be the minimum length of a Grand Prix (though that was some time ago). None of the raod races on the schedule I drew up are 500k, and the street races are only marginally longer than they historically have been.

Last edited by Purist; 27 Jun 2008 at 20:23.