Old 1 Jul 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2241472)   #38
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
Falcadore - you may not like it, can call it semantics or whatever else you want. The fact is that it is NOT encroaching on anything CAMS are doing or have done. These issues have already been before Australian Courts and decided on - CAMS won't have a leg to stand on.

All they are doing is wasting money. They tried to do the same with the Australian TGoruing Car Championship and got nowhere.

The term Australian <insert name here> Championship has been already deemed to be too generic a term to copyright or trademark.

They would be better off - both financially and morally - by siomply getting on with the job they are supposed to do instead of causing even further trouble.
I guess what I really want is that the term Australian Rally Champion to mean something.

If there are 37 guys who all Australian Rally Champions, but each with their own variation of the Vanilla Ice defence, then the term Australian Champion has been devalued. And I think that is a little sad. Maybe we should just give everyone an Olympic gold medal in primary school and be done with it.

Last edited by Falcadore; 1 Jul 2008 at 15:03.