View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2000, 04:24 (Ref:2266)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it is a different corner to the one from the grand prix days, and the reason the chicane is there is because there is a lack of run off. There is no run off because there is a rather large building right behind the concrete wall. If there was no building there, they could have all of the run off in the world and it would be a top gear turn.

Who knows what woulds have happened had there been no tyres and Brad spun, that is for God to know. But i think the reason why that wall was put there was because of Kevin Bell's formula holden stack last year when the car split in half. Had the tyres been there when that happened, maybe it may have not been such a dangerous stack.

But saying that, should it have been there for the race? I'm gonna sit on the fence for this one. It was a safety thing, but it turned out to be dangerous. Larry was silly, I think Russell didnt know that they had been moved back, and Brad was unlucky...