Thread: R Factor
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2271380)   #45
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira
Ever tried GPL?

Ever really tried GPL?

Like going negative at Spa with the Cooper, or sub 8m at the Ring?

Then compare it with the "n" versions of that pile of s***.

And it was pull-out because the guy was not giving a c*** about physics and authenticity. That's a no-go in GPL (and, I'm afraid, that doesn't matter to the arcade racers that literally invaded rFactor )
Yes i have thanks, in fact i had GPL a very long time before i had any other games on a PC. Why can't the GPL brigade move on tho? In it's time it was a leap ahead of anything we'd seen before but times change and so does technology.

If slimjim had been given the support and he'd not released a version way before it was ready we'd be applauding it now, but no we just get the pro-GPL camp banging on about how good it was and the rest of us just cursing it's not been moved in to a mordern day platform that it's worthy of.

And if you care to actually spend some time looking for mods in rfactor, rather than just picking what's top of the list in the servers ( like the poxy Meganes) then you'll find there is a world of great mods out there. The PCC997 is fantastic, Aussie V8s too. There is a quality Formula NIppon there as well as a Truck mod that sadly doesn't get the time online it deserves.

And if you pick the right mod, you'll get the right kind of players online too. Pick an arcade mod and you'll get the arcade drivers. Thats why GPL was such a high quality online - its so flipping hard to drive the arcadey lot stayed away!

I love GPL, but times move on sir. Maybe you should too