View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2271920)   #50
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Sorry, I guess we have different thoughts on what constitutes an "outside source". As in this scenario, Katech is contracted to GM, and therefore an extension of. This not being an "outside source" in my thoughts. Now, if say; LAA took their car to, say; Oreca to tune, that would be an "outside source"!

L.P.
Most definitely. I was not trying to be contrary - I think we both get what is going on, and where the issues lie when it comes to independent development. I was just trying to clarify in order to strengthen the argument to those who don't see it right away.

Wesoloski's quote seems to strengthen LAA's position - GM/Corvette Racing seems to be pretty impressed with the outfit, enough to risk association with the effort further through their pilots driving for the team on their own time. I bet if they decide to bite, it will be on a selective basis - and I bet LAA is pretty much top on that list!