View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2278690)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well to follow on from this story and back to this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107947 today I made my return to racing after 8 years.......

It was a terrible day weather wise here in Oz and after suffering a DNF because my battery terminal was jumping off and cut my engine power , i competed in 4 races and finished 3 of them

4th , 4th and 3rd to give me 3rd outright for the day and a podium position

Im very happy with the way things went today considering the conditions (3 wet races and one we managed to get in on slicks) (P.S the race on slicks is where my battery terminal worked loose , on the last lap whilst in 4th mind you)

Im over the moon , and my wife and daughter were very impressed (they have never seen me drive in anger so to speak before)

I think I scared my wife in my first race after having contact with another Kart when I dived down the inside into a hairpin and was all locked up and sidways into the turn giving the other guy the grass or my sidepod option , he chose3 my sidepod but we both managed to continue on and I made the place

Im sort of glad it was wet , it brought the field back to my level and I could use my skill and ability ( yes I know Im bragging) to make up for my lack of speed to gain places.

If it was dry I dont think I would have got a podium because Im still working on my driving but the wet enabled me to be closer than normal and I took full advantage of it and passed guys whenever I had a chance.

all in all Im very happy with where i am at , its a good start and hopefully I can keep the momentum (sp) up and continue on and produce more podiums to finish the year.

so thats it besides my battery working loose it was the only problem I had and i didnt even spin the whole day (maybe I wasnt trying hard enough ??) but Im back and Im where I belong

CHEERS
Happy Karter Marcus

But 3rd for the day was a great incentive and has only made me more determined to go on racing