View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2286505)   #501
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Hmm, I wonder what this will mean for the number of entries in GT2. Corvette racing drove everyone who tried to take them on out of GT1, might that happen in GT2 as well? After all it's a full-on factory assault against a few semi-factory teams and a lot of privateers.
With LMP2 being left behind by the factories, it could soon become once again the favourite playground for privateers.
Really though, who did Corvette drive out?

ACEMCO? A team that didn't win anything of note in GT2 either.
AVR? Nice guys, but.....
Rafanelli - in the wrong Ferrari 550..

Really, I think that's about it.

Regarding LMP2 being left behind, I think we should hold off on concluding this. Next year could look very much like this year, less of course the two Acuras that move to P2, unless they are bought by privateers. Again, we already have a number of teams sniffing around, to pick up an Acura LMP2, to pick up any number of the Porsche Spyders built, that haven't turned a wheel.... (of course with all the disclaimers as per usual about funding, and not believing it until it is on the grid... )

Corvette Racing is good, but I don't believe that the Ferrari, BMW or Porsche Factory backed teams are exactly slouches either.