View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2294445)   #96
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 short....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder road
265GTB-4 theory of relativity, lets see if I got all this right,had you bought the Norm Mustang,265GTB-4 panel of experts could firstly supply all the panel and parts required for about Quote; 'About'!!, $5000aud max,instalation/labour Quote;'should not exceed $15.000aud Quote; 'I would imagine',then goes on to subjests a 289 'k' code engine,that some times come up for sale,but may need some work,might set you back$8/10.000aud, a 4 speed manual 'might' set you back $1500aud...Still Quoting;..this is obviously 'Set Off' by the sale the 390/and trick auto,Lola suspension parts,racing seats,two sets of wheels, which 'COULD' bring 'MORE' than $15.000aud, so the rebuild to the 'Neptune' specs,as subjested come in around $ 31.500aud,less the sale of the parts Quote;'more than $15.000'....Total Rebuild for the sum of $16.500aud.....Wow,......makes the genuine 'K' code Mustang we are working on exspensive at $75.000's not to mention the 'World' search for parts, 265GTB-4, I am pleased your Mother has recieved her 'Rightful' Heritage ,but can we 'cease with 'Gilding the bloody Lily'........ IT's 'SOLD', moving on, and by all means take 'Umbrage !!
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Whats my mother got to do with the price of eggs??? Do you mean that she and I are somehow benefitting from this sale? What part of NO WAY JOSE don't you understand!!

Since you have mentioned my Mum, well I'll throw in my Dad as well and thank them for having a keen interest in car racing...the times we belted the FJ out to Oran Park are priceless memories for me...Ohhh, mustang connection, my Mum enjoyed and was thrilled by Big "Sneaky" Petes antics as was myself and thousands of others.

As for the cost estimates, I'm not going to go over the rough estimates to get the thing back on the road again. There are expensive restorations done for people where money is no object and there are equally as good restorations done by clever backyarders who know their limitations, spend their money wisely, beg, borrow or st...(no.. none that I know off) parts, working bees, spend carefully targetted funds with experts only when absolutely necessary because they want to/enjoy using their excellent handskills to begin with.

Genuine K Code???...hmmmm....wonder if that might be my friends...I think his work was done in Syd-a-knee....oil ask.

Never ever tried to glide a lilly...I think the aerodynamics would be all wrong though

Cheers, Mick