Old 6 Oct 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2305519)   #69
swede9
Rookie

United States
So. Cal
swede9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend
Like Allen I am really curious about the other cars in this series. Please could you give us a scan of the full article? I want to see the other cars on the grid in more detail, but I guess the image will just grain.
The white 72 car has upper bodywork very similar to the modifications made by Cliff Hansen's team to his 79B

Chris
Here is another scan I had on file, I'll try to find the newspaper in the archives and see if there is a grid list or results to post. Maybe there are more pictures of the car as well.

On a differant note while we were at the race in Monterey it seems Ted Titmus had (as the story was told) taken some money from some of the Mexican drivers for them to drive in Ted's cars at the race in Mexico City that April, well Ted never showed up claiming the truck had broken down on the way there. So to make it up Ted came to Monterey to let them drive in the race there. Well as we were leaving after the race a group of Ford Granada's showed up with Federal Police toting automatic weapons. They were going to throw Ted in jail for taking the money, some how Ted & the mechanics convinced them to not throw him in jail, but the mexicans took a RT-4, an RT-1, motors and spares. And sent Ted home with a mostly empty trailer and told him never to enter Mexico again.