Old 11 Nov 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2332910)   #118
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky
I've raced against and worked for/with a few different female racers at a few diffferent levels in motorsport.

I think "most" females do have a physical disadvantge when strength and power are needed (eg high grip classes in karting, even F3 on a street or bumpy circuit) but it's not such a problem in cars or if they have power steering etc.
Classes like drag racing show the girls are easy as good as the boys (Top Fuel to Prostock Bike even) when there is no physical handycap.

The other problem I've seen more often than not (not all the time) is a kind of "over compensation" complex for being a girl.

When things go wrong or other drivers treat them badly "it's cause I'm a girl"

They are often overly agressive on the track to show they are tough etc and end up in more crashes etc ....

I'm not saying this is the case for all females but when you consider they are already a minority these little problems make it even harder for them.

Wining titles is about being the best "package"

If you are not at least pretty good in all the required aspects of a champion then someone else ends up beating you.

You might have the talent, but if you don't have the rest of the package you'll often loose the title to someone with less talent.

Personally I'd rate LT as more talented than Winslow and you can argue all you like about "luck" etc. In the end Winslow won it and LT didn't.

I'd like to see her go on and win a high profile title but on merit, talent and total package. Not just cause she's a chick.
Well said Stocky couldn't agree more with your comments, you're not as silly as you look.