View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2354647)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
whilst I agree it is good to see full grandstands it is hollow if they are all there for free. If you want punters to potentially spend money with the automobilia stands you need paying punters. If you just have freebies it will all be burger vans which is not adding any visual value to the infield.
At last year's Classic I spent as much time wandering around the stalls as I did watching the racing. The harsh reality is that in most cases races are dull to watch unless there are lots of video screens to see whats going on on the rest of the track and so long as they are relatively close.
Although I am not advocating trying to copy Goodwood, promoters should take on board why Goodwood works so well.... well chosen races providing good viewing and attention to detail. That is why JR is right when he says it shoudl be invitation only and a committee to select.