View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2002, 15:21 (Ref:235742)   #17
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Flintstone Flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TIM B. you must remember when NASCAR was formed in comparison to Lee Pettys age, they were still running Moonshine through the hills in 1944 when Petty was 30.

geM...Bristol looked "dirty" yesterday, they have a lot of painting and steam cleaning to do in the next 6 days.

As to pit road, they had the back stretch pits blocked with saftey cones yesterday during practice. I would have figured that to be a part of practice getting use to one pit lane and all , but I guess not.

I read somewhere yesterday, NASCAR and their infinite wisdom, they will widen the pit boxes 3 feet. I guess the painting starts now that the testing is over. Even with the additional 3 feet the driver will still pit as close to the line as possible , to keep from getting blocked in or boxed in.

Sorry week for testing, rain all week, better this week than next. Rain again here this weekend, but anyhoo Gordon and Skinner are the only ones to really test. Gordon on Monday, Skinner yesterday. I passed the MMR #4 rig leaving yesterday at dusk they were there from bell to bell.

And another thing, geM, the 97 driver is the new mad man, maybe he has been taking lessons from Stewart or Harvick, Busch has certainly kicked it up a notch, I like him.