View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2397913)   #22
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, new for me (or completely forgotten?) that somebody else had Seppo’s Xtrac before it went to Norway and Ragnar Forsberg. But at least the date (15.3.87) of the event does not interfere at all. Yep, the sticker reads Tarmo, not Jarmo. However, the name Tarmo Laine does not wake up any memories for me. Must try to find out if he is family to Antero. Seppo Niittymäki (as well as his brother Risto Niittymäki) from Hyrylä and Antero Laine from Kellokoski were living just a couple of kms down the road.

About Martin’s RS200 and its Ford livery: On my pics from the 1986 GP at Brands Hatch it is very difficult to see, du to the mud on the car. But one week later we have been together to Bologna in Italy for the 'Memorial Bettega'. And yep, his car still had the blue and white Ford livery. It also had a reg no that weekend, C200LWC (chassis 012, the first ever Evo). On Rolf Nilsson’s RS200 at Brands the reg no was B200 XVX.