View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2404858)   #89
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Ya, I was wondering the same thing. Will this be the Lienhard car or one of the ex-Penske works chassis? I think it would be more fiscally prudent for Vitaphone to pair up with Horag in running the Lienhard car. Bartels/Bertolini/Theys ??

L.P.
I strongly suspect they will lease out the Horag chassis (as they did the Strakka Aston), but I believe at least 1 ex-Penske chassis is in Europe now as well.

How they structure this effort will be interesting. Last year, they collaborated heavily with Strakka so it was as much a branding exercise as anything (though they contributed team personnel and a funded quick man in Negrao). This year there is not quite as obvious a team to link up with. If Horag has gentlemen funding their campaign in the LMS, surely they would have submitted an LM entry if they could fund it. So is Vitaphone contributing drivers and funding, are they getting money from Ramos so he can drive, or what?! I'd love to see 3 pros in the car, but is that reasonable? Is Porsche supporting this (with a driver)? If so, why was it not on their press release with Goh and Essex cars? So many questions!!!