View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2416039)   #51
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
Honestly, I have serious doubts that times will be that low (around 1:40) with the new regs... I mean, remember what ACO claimed to be the times target for this year: getting the Le Mans lap back to around 3:30 (with the new, significantly faster Tetre Rouge, that is). Cars will almost surely be slower than last year. 2008 was the big year in terms of statistics If the Acura did 1:44, I suppose Audi and Peugeot won't go under 1:42 either (of course, this is testing-pace, but anyhow). The ultra-mighty 908 of last year did a 1:42 lap at Sebring (true, it would have surely gone faster than that in qualifying, if the session wouldn't have been stopped) so I'd be surprised to see this year's cars better that.
The idea with the new regs are to slow the cars on big straights like the Mulsanne, aren't they?

I would guess there wouldnt be much difference on circuits like Sebring.