View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2416227)   #62
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
It will most likely be in the low 1:44s maybe dipping into the high 1:43s . The audi only managed 1:43 as the fastest they could run. THe reduction in power should slow it down a sec
Let's also not forget that last year it was the R10 doing a 1:43, this year we'll have the R15, which is conceived to compensate for the new rules and seemingly it's got lots of added downforce when compared to the R10, which is very important - I guess - for a track Sebring (as well as most circuits in fact). I wouldn't be surprised if the R15 will be faster than the R10 at Sebring, Laguna Seca and even Road Atlanta.
As for Le Mans, I don't think the top speed will be necesarily reduced, I think Audi and Peugeot might try to rely on top speed in order to gain back what they'll lose with those 1.6 meter wide rear wings. The 3:30 times are to be achieved in 2011, if I remember correctly, as the new rules are applied gradually, not all in one, for 2009. I still expect times around 3:25 this year at Le Mans, or in any case, under 3:30. You can't bring the 908 HDI down from 3:18 to 3:30 in one single year.