View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2425454)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I haven't found Dave Cook yet but the NZ trail from info given by NZDuck, above, led me to Google for some more specific info and I managed to get in touch with Bruce Miles (former Toyota Team Castrol owner), Greg Brinck (one of the two Toyota works drivers) and Jason Hobbes (the No1 Mechanic), all of whom replied very helpfully to my e-mail enquiries. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? Anyway, it seems that Dave Cook supervised the build of the Toyota Carinas, along with Cambell Little (ex Stone Brothers Racing), in NZ for the NZ "Schedule S" series (similar to Group N, I think) and it also seems 99% certain that I have the ex Julian Bailey car from 1995! 4th in the series that year whilst Greg Brinck finished second in the sister car.

The shells were delivered direct from the factory so were not converted road cars and DCRS used their UK Touring Car knowledge to design and builds the shells to the best spec possible.

Bruce Miles sold the car to Dave Pitcher to run in the UK National Saoon Car Cup, hence the reason why the car is now in the UK.