Thread: Driver Webber VS Vettel
View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2429573)   #283
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
After that prang on Sunday, added to the well documented novice mistakes in China 07 (and I think there was something else last season?) a thought occurred to me (yes, I know....) that Vettel might end up being the new 'Montoya' of F1.

Like Montoya, Vettel has a fantastic natural talent, incredibly fast, 'racey' and is particularly laid back about his driving and is a joy to watch behind the wheel. Now although Vettel is still pretty inexperienced is he starting to display a tendency towards the rash by getting involved in the sort of incidents that ultimately cost wins and possibly titles - something that many were critical of Montoya about?

That shunt could've easily have been avoided and in what is likely to be a mega close season, all those points lost will be more vital than ever before.