View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2435969)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Actually, this is a terrible idea IMHO, for the ACO.

The manufacturers have made their opinion and direction known. Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Lambo, Panoz, Ford GT, Viper, Aston Martin and Spyker, Lambourghini... and potentially (Jaguar) will have GT2 cars. Many of these are factory supported and designed cars. These GT2 cars feature cars that are very similar to their road going counterparts, and the manufacturers have chosen this direction for their marketing.

Now Ratel insinuates that a silhouette formula will be introduced for the ACO, that will devalue these GT2 factory efforts, by making them the "sub-class". No, I'm sorry these cars need to be the feature.

The only manufacturer that has stepped forward is Nissan.... with a 5.5V8 "GTR"..... Sorry while I laugh my you know what off.... If you want to build a prototype, go ahead and build a freakin prototype. We have a class for that, it's called LMP1. If you want to build a GT car, build one that is an actual representation of the cars you build.

The ACO would be far better off supporting the current GT2 category. It isn't the ACO that is diverting from the existing cars, to some change... it is Ratel. Yes, it would be better to have uniform rules and actually listen to what the manufacturers want to build, not to ram down our throats his particular vision. We have a very large supply of GT2 cars, and a diverse entry field of manufacturers. The manufacturers listened to Ratel, told him no.. .and he went ahead anyway. Ratel wants to have people buy all new equipment for this vision of his, during economically difficult times. I hope it flops, and I hope that the ACO (for once) does the right thing, and makes GT2 their premier GT category, ignoring this mess.