View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2437556)   #192
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well, like to have a better 2009, 2010 and so on, sure don't want to say it will never be that good again.

Agree totally that increase in car numbers in present classes is what really needs to happen. You can cross off GT1, so that is really focused on P1 and P2.

So, how do you do it?

My questions about viablity of something like adding P3 is just as a field filler, and of course also has the necessity of some of those cars actually entering....are there actually any here in states?

The other option is to look at a heavily subscribed LMES series and see if you can entice some of those competitors to decamp across the ocean and do the balance of the season here. I would think that would require some healthy support ($$$). The likely level you pull over is the field filler level anyway, isn't it?

Low car count not so bad at St. Pete's short track. Field is going to look lost in Utah and some other places this year.

I think crowd would be happy with some GT3 cars in the race, but I think those need to be the myrid of makes that you see in European races, and not just Porsches. It is stop gap, sure, but, it adds to the show.

Crowds likely to be happier with a mixed group on GT3 cars then a mixed bag of P cars I would think, and an Audi R8 or two would help to keep that group's fans happy. Of course, opening the door for those doesn't mean we would see them, since we are talking some fairly expensive equipment there too.
Take a look at the Asian Le Mans Series entries, Pescarolo 908, Oreca etc., they must be offering a very attractive package.