View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2449177)   #44
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Deep down though the more I think about this, and looking back through TATS and looking at some WSPC season review videos it's always going to be hard to break out one core in Europe and one in the US - and ultimately over the past few decades that's been a system that's worked well for all concerned. I'm all in favour of branching out - I actually thought the Mil Milhas as an LMS round worked well and with a bit better organisation could have had real legs - but let's not delude ourselves that this is somehow a dagger pointed at the heart of the ALMS.
To me this is aimed squarely at the manufacturers such as Peugeot, Audi Aston, Toyota etc who would benefit from worldwide marketing and who may be interested in competing beyond the regioanl championship on a visually more global stage. As I said above some already do that in reality so why not give them the platform to get the publicity benefits.

If the ACO try and create a stand alone championship then it will be a huge mistake and will fail miserably IMO - but if they use the prestige events in each area that currently or are planned to exist then it could have some legs.