View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2451690)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
S2000 is dull, boring, expensive and slow, with small, uninteresting grids.
Taking the BTCC as an example this season,

Dull and boring - 6 races, 6 different winners so far.

Expensive - 1 factory team in 2009, yet 24 entrants in the championship.

Slow - Matt Neal set a lap record qualifying for Brands, lapping at an average of 88.31mph. Only 1.7s slower than the Carrera pole time.
The pole time at Thruxton was set at 108.75mph. This is plenty quick enough for me and speed doesn't always mean excitement.

Small grids - 24 entrants, with 22 starters, in a championship that races at venues with a 26-car limit is performing at near maximum capacity.

Uninteresting grids - 22 cars at Thruxton, with 4 former champions, in a series that has 8 different makes of car, 12 different models and 3 different fuel types.

What would you change to give more excitement, greater speed, lower costs and large, interesting grids?