Thread: LM24 Funny Le Mans Stories
View Single Post
Old 8 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2458080)   #23
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I really miss it too. I never used to dwell in it though - my last visit to the infamous strippers (God weren't they awful!) was way back in 1988 when I vowed 'never again!'. But it was all about atmosphere - there was something special about wandering down from the Dunlop Bridge to Tertre Rouge, a journey that took forever sometimes as you threaded your way through a heaving mass of humanity in various stages of undress and drunkenness! And the gradual erosion of the atmosphere over the years I've been going bothers me - the sanitised 'Village' is a good example (which we've talked a lot about before, of course). Yes, the loos are great, but F1-style shops and concrete doesn't replace the vibrant sights, sounds and smells of the old Village......
I've grown up around the change over...

Yeh, sure, perhaps the village and the fair aren't the same anymore, but the campsites never lose their majic.

Le Mans is still Le Mans, and it always will be.